Read over these statements to see if they apply to you under some circumstances:
- I try to be who someone wants me to be.
- am afraid to rock the boat.
- It is hard for me to know what I want.
- I avoid speaking my mind.
- I find it easier to go along with what someone wants or with their opinion.
- I fantasize about a strong person taking over my life and making it work.
- It is hard for me to express my feelings when they are different from someone I’m close to.
- It is difficult for me to say No.
- I avoid getting angry.
- It is hard for me to take initiative.
- I try to be nice rather than expressing how I really feel.
- I want everyone to get along.
If any of these statements are true the consider reading more:
New Hope Al-Anon
401 S. 11th, St. Joseph Missouri
December 9, 2015
Wednesday – 5:30 to 7:30 PM
First time ever speaker’s meeting representing four 12 Step Programs.
AA – Angi A
GA – Shirley M.
NA – Sherri C.
Al-Anon – Dora J.
Speakers begin at 6:00, each speaking for 20 minutes.
Festive spirit and snacks provided
Please join us at this unifying event
New Hope Al-Anon
Special Holiday Speaker’s Meeting
When: December 17, 2014, 6:30 PM
Where: 401 South 11th
Speakers: Linda C. – Al-Anon
Bill P. – AA
Cookies and Punch shall be served.
Please come and enjoy the fellowship.
New Hope Al-Anon began last January with one meeting a week. We now meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5:30 PM. This past month we have been actively working to create a new fresh look for our meeting room.
This room restoration was completed with Al-Anon labor and material donations. Some serious elbow grease coupled with positive enthusiasm saw the job through.
For those unfamiliar with Al-Ann – it is a program for the families of alcoholics. At present all of New Hope Al-Anon meetings are open so we do not exclude the families of other addicts.
Here are a few photos of the completed room:
The New Hope Al-Anon Family Group began having meetings at the Alano Club of St. Joseph in January of 2014.
The group began in January and now meets three days a week:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5:30 PM
401 South 11th.
Entrance is from side door on Sylvanie Street