The Nominating Committee has selected 11 people to serve on the Board of Directors of the Alano Club of St. Joseph. After weeks of wrangling eleven people have stepped forward to serve.
The Nominating Committee looked at qualities necessary to serve on the Board and at the immediate needs of Alano.
Personal qualities considered were:
- Belief in the Alano Mission
- Willingness to be a team player
The immediate needs of Alano are:
- Finance – we must find more revenue
- Building needs – several repairs are identified and the upkeep of our building is paramount to fulfilling the Mission.
This is our first election under the new by-laws. Thus six are being elected to one year terms and five are being elected to two year terms. This list of names includes officer positions followed by the number of years to serve.
- Gary Clark President (1)
- Julie Barker Vice President (2)
- Kirby Ham Treasurer (1)
- Danny Boose Secretary (1)
- Vi B. (1)
- Shirley M. (2)
- Marvin G. (2)
- Phil K. (1)
- Doc Farr (1)
- John A. (2)
- Danny P. (2)
The election is set for Sunday January 10, 2016 at 5:30 PM, in the main hall at Alano.
The meeting shall open and nominated candidates shall be introduced.
A vote shall be called and candidates installed as the new Board.