Alano Club of St. Joseph
14th Annual Cracker Barrel Weekend
401 S. 11th St. St. Joseph, Missouri
Saturday August 8th and Sunday August 9th 2015
Saturday 9-11 AM Pancake Breakfast hosted by 401 AA Group
Saturday 9:00 PM Ice Cream Social hosted by New Hope Al-Anon
Sunday 3:00 PM Pot luck – bring a side dish
Speakers all day Saturday and Sunday
Every speaker has at least 20 years in their program
Please Click on image to enlarge:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015, at 8:30 AM, the Circuit Court of Buchanan County Missouri will hear our proposal to change our Articles of Association. We are being represented by Legal Aid of Western Missouri. We anticipate a brief and positive outcome.
The New By-Laws will mean several significant changes to the Alano Club operation.
- The Board will assume Governance for the Club. This means that after July 21, 2015, the monthly meetings will be Board Meetings and only Board Members may vote. The Board will have to meet in the future to set the ground rules for conducting business.
- The Board will have significant responsibilities related to the care of the institution.
- A Nominating Committee shall be appointed to select future Board members.
- Only Board Members may make or second any motion.
- A Membership Committee shall be appointed.
- The Membership Committee shall design a membership application. Future members will be required to pay a $15 administrative fee and the first two months dues.
- The Membership Committee will review all applications for approval.
- As defined by our Articles members are people “who have voluntarily offered their services to assist in carrying out the purposes and objectives of this corporation”.
- The Treasurer shall keep a $150.00 petty cash fund for use in minor maintenance to the property. This money may be used when the Property Manager and the Treasurer agree on the need. They shall report and expenditures at the next Board meeting.
- The Board shall be responsible for Codes of Conduct and enforcement of the codes.
The Museum Hill Neighborhood Association is hosting and Ice Cream Social and Cookout on the grounds of the Wyeth Tootle.
This is an opportunity for us to meet our neighbors and for the neighbors to meet us. As we continue to be more transparent in our operation we become less threatening and more inviting. Remember, anonymity does not mean secrecy.
WHEN: July 4th, 11AM to 2:00 PM
WHERE: Wyeth Tootle grounds
Important info: Bring a covered dish. This is billed as a “cookout and fun for the kids”.